Monday, February 15, 2010

relfection 6

The graphic design professions of the week was type design and lettering. these prestigious fields were done by hand, and only the best and dedicated could survive. Designers would spent months designing and developing set of letters by hand. Today, modern technology has made it possible for anyone to design. However, that does not guarantee that anyone can make a career out of it. At least not a successful one.
Typography design requires both aesthetic and function. It takes years to master and perfect type design skills. While most art classes cover typography, it is essential for anyone who wants to work in this particular field to work as an intern or apprentice. Even a level entry-job can expose a designer work along side an experience typographer. Designers must also be skilled at lettering. This skills is essential for all designers because they are essential for logo design, book tittle, package labels, and more. despite the technological advances, this field is extremely time consuming, and requires passion and dedication from the designer.
Fore this weeks material, I feel indifferent. Mostly because Ive been writing alphabets since childhood, and I have yet to take a typography class. Perphaps once I do, I'll have more appreciation for this art, and one more career choice. A teacher once told me, we learn all our alphabets not for using them all at once, but to use some when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment